Last Modified: October 7, 2021
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by JustFund or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Portal is not intended for use by persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Portal. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Portal or on or through any of its features, register on the Portal, make any purchases through the Portal, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Portal. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will remove that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Portal, including information:
- By which you or your organization may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, IP Address, Geographic information, and Pictures, (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Portal, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Portal may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or uploading information or documentation through our Portal.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Portal and of the fulfillment of your membership registration. You may be required to provide financial information before registering as a member with our Portal.
- Your search queries on the Portal.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on publicly viewable areas of the Portal, also known as “Community Activity”, or transmitted to other users of the Portal or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Portal with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Portal, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Portal, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Portal.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Portal and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Portal according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Portal.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Portal may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Portal. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Portal and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit JustFund, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Portal and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Portal or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Portal.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of JustFund’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by JustFund about our Portal users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of JustFund, our members or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may communicate with us via email at [email protected] or [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment in connection with a membership registration will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Portal like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Portal.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Portal. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Portal.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing our Platform from within the EEA, you may have certain rights with respect to your data.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information under GDPR
We may process personal information (as defined in the GDPR) under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which JustFund is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal information is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing personal information is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in JustFund.
- Legitimate interests: Processing personal information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JustFund.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The laws of certain jurisdictions may provide data subjects with various rights in connection with the processing of Personal Information, including:
- The right to withdraw any previously provided consent;
- The right to access certain information about you that we process;
- The right to have us correct or update any personal information;
- The right to have certain personal information erased;
- The right to have us temporarily block our processing of certain personal information;
- The right to have personal information exported into common machine-readable format;
- The right to object to our processing of personal information in cases of direct marketing, or when we rely on legitimate interests as our lawful basis to process your information; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
Where we are deemed a data controller under the laws of certain jurisdictions, we will take steps to help ensure that you are able to exercise your rights regarding personal information about you in accordance with applicable law. To do so, you may contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]. Please note these rights may be limited in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. Depending on where you live, you may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning personal information about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at [email protected] or [email protected], so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.