SVP Cleveland - Investment Reimagined 2022
SVP’s Investment Reimagined is a yearlong learning cohort accelerating the growth and impact of nonprofits committed to addressing critical issues facing our region. Participants will each:
- Receive support from SVP on 2-3 capacity-building needs (approximately 150 – 200 hours of holistic, hands-on support)
- Establish meaningful connections with other nonprofit leaders
- Form authentic relationships with SVP Partners and the SVP community
- Increase their confidence, resiliency, adaptability, and skills to navigate leadership challenges, opportunities, and organizational needs
- Receive a one-time, general operating grant from SVP of $5,000
Equity is one of SVP’s priorities. Read more about our organizational values and North Star here.
Our most successful nonprofit engagements have been with small to midsize organizations who are experiencing organizational growth or change. Nonprofit participants must:
- be an organization working predominately in Cuyahoga County, Ohio;
- demonstrate an interest in working collaboratively to address organizational or programmatic needs;
- hold the title of Executive Director, CEO, founder, or equivalent, and have at least six months of tenure with the organization;
- be 501(c)3 organization with the IRS or have a fiscal sponsor;
Though we have Partners with skills in all capacity-building areas, we have the most Partners with expertise in board development, executive coaching, financial management, fund development, human resources, and marketing/communications.
Lastly, each applicant is welcomed and encouraged to request a larger funding goal with hopes of receiving additional funding from other funders on JustFund.
- Proposal Deadline: Wednesday, May 25th, 2022 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time
- Decisions Announced: Friday, June 3rd, 2022
JustFund offers a common proposal model designed to save organizations time. For questions about how to submit your proposal, please refer to JustFund’s Help Center or contact [email protected].
JustFund's Common Proposal Narrative Questions (Required)
- Proposal Summary (max 140 characters): Think of this like a tweet. Please tell us about the mission of this proposal in a couple of sentences.
- Proposal Description (recommended 2500 - 3500 characters): Tell us about your proposal.
- Team Description (recommended 1250 - 2500 characters): Tell us about who comprises the team.
- Financial Need (recommended 1250 - 2500 characters): Please describe what you will use the funding for.
Supplemental Questions (Required)
- How would you use SVP’s comprehensive capacity support to improve your organization's systems and operations? Please list 2-3 specific capacity-building needs you have identified, goals for the first 6 months of work together, and goals to accomplish by the end of the program. Examples of Capacity-Building Areas include: Human Resources, Leadership Development, Strategy, Technology, Finance, Fundraising Strategy, Board Development, Legal, Marketing & Communications, Program Design & Evaluation, Earned Income Development.
- Equity is one of SVP’s priorities. What does equity mean to your organization? Please share one example that illustrates your commitment to equity.
- SVP’s Investment Reimagined works best with participants who want to work collaboratively to address their nonprofits’ organizational or programmatic needs. The program includes monthly cohort calls with peer leaders as well as collaborative work with SVP Partners on the capacity-building needs as identified earlier in the application. Is this something the executive director of your organization is excited about and committed to doing? Please tell us more about what the executive director is hoping to get out of the program.
- Please share your budget for the current fiscal year.
- Please share audited or reviewed financial statements for the last fiscal year. If not yet available, please submit internally prepared financial statements.
- Please share your IRS 501(c)(3) Letter or proof of fiscal sponsorship.
If there is anything else you would like to share, please feel free to add additional attachments.
- Name: Caroline Linden
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: svpcle.org/investment-reimagined
- Twitter: @svpcle
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/svpcle/