Lead QA Engineer
JustFund is a growing, innovative, philanthropic SaaS startup focused on creating grantmaking solutions that provide philanthropy with a new kind of giving experience: one that is values-aligned, rooted in equity, and built on trust. We leverage technology to ensure values-aligned funders can easily center equity in their grantmaking.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about working with funders to move money to movements. You will need to be excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment, building systems, and have exceptional relationship building and project management skills. To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us
The Lead QA Engineer will be responsible for defining and executing a holistic test strategy that includes writing, manually testing, and automating detailed test cases for sprint features to ensure timely delivery of the features. The role is also in charge of providing automated test coverage for the existing product functionality.
The Lead QA Engineer will report to the Head of Product and Engineering. This role is remote and will be based within the United States and will regularly interface with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
Automating Test Cases
- Collaborate with DevOps to create, deploy, and maintain JustFund’s test suite.
- Add automated test coverage to existing product functionality.
- Write detailed test cases for sprint deliverables that match the acceptance criteria.
- Automate the critical test cases for 2 week sprint deliverables.
- Manually QA the test cases for 2 week sprint deliverables, whenever applicable.
- Perform UAT testing for sprint deliverables and critical bug fixes.
Maintain High Quality of Product and Track Quality KPIs
- Track UAT pass rates for sprint deliverables.
- Track regression rates for sprint deliverables.
- Prepare recommendations to further track and improve product quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Highly skilled in testing B2B SaaS environments including web and mobile, with an ideal of 8-10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience automating test cases.
- Demonstrated experience with manual QA.
- Experience in Jest, Enzyme, Circle CI or other similar tools.
- Previous exposure to Aha, Jira, MySQL, and experience with a variety of analytical tools, including Google Analytics.
- High levels of independence, organization and strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, listen closely to understand needs and concerns, and work with multiple teams at once.
- Excitement about and passion for working in a fast-paced tech startup environment, with the ability to pivot when necessary and a penchant for problem solving.
- Experience in, or a passion for, philanthropy, social justice organizing, advocacy, or movement building, a plus.
Total Compensation (Salary and Benefits)
The Lead QA Engineer role is a full-time position, and we offer a competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and additional perks. The annual salary range for this position is $90 - $100K and will be commensurate to experience. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Home office equipment allowance
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Professional development stipend and access to professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter HERE. We review applications on a rolling basis, and will respond if your application materials indicate a potential match for this position.
JustFund is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and racial equity. Read more about our equal opportunity statement here.