Ho‘iwai Fund - 2022 LOI
- Hoʻiwai Fund is a new intermediary in Hawaiʻi, rooted in and powered by a deep commitment to equity and socioeconomic justice, that channels resources toward revitalizing Hawaiʻi. To do this, we look to indigenous wisdom of integrated resource management for inspiration and grounding. Hoʻiwai is a Hawaiian mechanism for returning water that has been used for irrigation, and regenerated with nutrients, back to its source stream to benefit all life — flora, fauna, and human inhabitants.
We are looking for community partners who are advancing resilience in their own unique ways, in their own unique places.
This LOI is an effort to collect letters of interest in order to share organizations' work with a broader funder network in 2023. Please fill out the application by our Common App events on November 14 and 15.
- Nov 14 at 12-1:30pm HST (FREE) CommonApp Panel Discussion for Funders & Grantees in-person at the Hawaiʻi Community Foundation office downtown. Featuring Iara Peng, Founder and CEO of JustFund, along with Molly Schultz Hafid, the Executive Director of the Butler Family Fund. Space is limited and a zoom option is available. Register Here.
- Nov 15 at 1-4pm HST (FREE) CommonApp Workshop featuring Iara Peng, Founder and CEO of JustFund and facilitated by Joyce Lee-Ibarra at the Hawaii Community Foundation Office (Downtown). We are looking for funders who are open to explore using the common app in Hawaiʻi. In-person attendance only and capacity is limited. Register Here.
Due to capacity, at this time we will not be able to respond to all submissions. We mahalo the time and effort put into your application.
We are looking for organizations that meet the following criteria:
- 501(c)(3) or fiscally sponsored
Before you apply
The Ho‘iwai Fund is accepting applications on JustFund:
- Visit www.justfund.us to log in or register for an account.
- Please note that registrations may take up to 48 business hours for approval. We encourage applicants to register as early as possible.
JustFund's Common Proposal Narrative Questions (Required)
- Proposal Summary (max 140 characters): Think of this like a tweet. Please tell us about the mission of this proposal in a couple of sentences.
- Proposal Description (recommended 2500 - 3500 characters): Tell us about your proposal.
- Team Description (recommended 1250 - 2500 characters): Tell us about who comprises the team.
- Financial Need (recommended 1250 - 2500 characters): Please describe what you will use the funding for.