Director of Marketing and Communications
JustFund is a nonprofit grantmaking solution providing philanthropy with a new kind of giving experience: one that is values-aligned, rooted in equity, and built on trust. JustFund is the only nonprofit grantmaking solution designed by funders and organizers of color. We leverage a custom-built technology to ensure values-aligned funders can easily center equity in their grantmaking. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about working with funders to move money to movements and helping ensure seeking funding is simple and easy. You will need to be values-aligned, highly organized, bring exceptional communications and marketing experience to lead our internal and external communications strategies.
JustFund is seeking a mission-driven and values-aligned Director of Marketing and Communications to join our growing team. We are looking for a brilliant strategist, talented storyteller, and savvy communicator who is dedicated to the JustFund mission.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will play a vital role on the JustFund team by building out our internal and external communication systems, generating buzz about new and existing services, and helping to build connections between JustFunders and organizations. You will work closely with the Executive Team to expand and implement our communications strategy, grow JustFund’s brand, and advance ideas that address the biggest equity issues facing the field of philanthropy. The ideal candidate will be skilled at creating strategies and content that engages key stakeholders and helps build JustFund brand awareness to the philanthropy and nonprofit communities. The Director of Marketing and Communications should also understand JustFund’s vision and proactively develop communication and marketing goals to leverage organizational strengths, identify opportunities, and bring new ideas and creativity to the organization.
This position is remote and will be regularly interfacing with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
Develop, Execute, and Measure Strategic Communication and Marketing Plans
- Oversee the creation of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance JustFund’s brand and position within the marketplace, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Develop and execute best-in-class and fully integrated communications strategies, structures, and processes that support all aspects of JustFund’s mission.
- Lead the implementation of an internal communications program, and model cross-departmental collaboration by aligning communications goals and activities with the work of the rest of the JustFund team.
Create Compelling Content and Engage the JustFund Community
- Manage all external messaging and storytelling, ensuring consistency and alignment with JustFund’s values, mission, and vision.
- Create and manage sending segmented newsletters and building email drip campaigns in HubSpot to multiple audiences, tracking and improving open/click engagement rates, and conducting A/B testing, and driving user traffic.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy, including creating social media content calendars, utilizing platforms like Hootsuite and Tweetdeck, and tracking growth and reach.
- Create and deliver impactful content designed around storytelling principles and inclusive language, including developing powerful case studies, videos, and testimonials.
- Think creatively about ways to keep grantmakers and grantseekers informed, while building strong connections within the JustFund community, elevating compelling stories that facilitate organizations receive funding, and showcasing the impact of JustFund.
Develop Strong Brand Recognition and Manage Public Relations
- Identify key opportunities to promote JustFund in key spaces, including conferences, podcasts, and webinars.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials, including JustFund’s marketing website, publications, and more ensuring adherence to JustFund’s style guide.
- Develop communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, virtual events, and promotions.
- Create and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent credentials specific to marketing and communications.
- At least 8-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of communications and marketing management experience.
- Experience developing marketing and communications campaigns and plans, and evaluating their outcomes.
- Experience developing, executing, and managing newsletter and email delivery, automated marketing campaigns, and social media strategies.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent copywriting skills with proven results across different audiences to engage, educate, and motivate.
- Experience successfully strategizing, planning, evaluating and leading during a period of organizational growth, preferably in a startup environment.
- Experience optimizing communication strategies across digital platforms including websites, email, social media, and print.
- Executive presence and dynamic professional style that inspires confidence internally and externally.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- The ability to multitask effectively and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of JustFund.
Total Compensation (Salary and Benefits)
The Director of Marketing and Communications is a full-time position, and we offer a competitive and holistic total compensation package that includes salary and benefits. The annual salary budget for this position will be $100,000 - $120,000, commensurate with experience. All full-time staff are eligible for our benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Home office equipment allowance
- Professional development stipend and access to professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by clicking here.
Black people, people of color, indigenous people, women, femmes, gender noncomforming people, persons with disabilities, justice involved or formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQIA+ people are particularly encouraged to apply.
We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications. We review applications on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from you.
JustFund is committed to having a values-driven, transparent, healthy, and collaborative culture. If the JustFund team can make the application process more accessible through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Working With Us
At JustFund, we are committed to diversity, inclusion, and racial equity. JustFund is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment.