Abortion Bridge Collaborative Fund - Fall 2022
With the overturning of Roe v. Wade, the Abortion Bridge Collaborative Fund was created to resource the infrastructure required to ensure abortion access across the United States. This fund supports two outcomes: 1) Building capacity where abortion care will continue, and 2) working towards local access and protections in areas where it will not.
Housed at the Women Donors Network, grantmaking is guided by a Grantmaking Advisory Council, comprised of activists, leaders, and donors from the reproductive rights/health/justice movements (see link). The Grantmaking Advisory Council considers whether the:
- Project/organization is responsive to the moment – meeting immediate needs or critical gaps in the existing abortion access eco-system and/or builds foundational systems and structures required for the medium and long-term.
- Project/organization serves key communities that are made more vulnerable by Roe’s reversal, centering BIPOC, immigrant, LGBTQIA+, low-income, disabled, young, and other communities.
- Leadership of the organization includes BIPOC women, LGBTQIA+ folks, or youth in key leadership positions (ED, senior staff, and board of directors).
- Approach prioritizes community determination and is informed by those with lived experiences.
- Activities contain elements that might preclude traditional/institutional funding.
- Organization is established and trusted within their local or regional movement and/or recommended by a member of the ABC Fund Nominations Network.
Abortion Bridge Collaborative grant funding is designed to support organizations specifically focused on abortion access that:
- Have 501c3 tax status or a fiscal sponsor
- Center reproductive justice in their mission, values, and work, and;
- Need support for existing and emerging programs or strategies that respond to evolving challenges post-Dobbs, in response to state or local needs that might include:
- Broad general operating support or that have budget shortfalls
- Support for the creation of new staff positions to fulfill an emergent need, particularly related to technology, infrastructure, or geographic expansion
- Short-term consulting expertise such as legal representation, organizational reincorporation, or accounting
- Creation of information sharing or organizational hubs that better facilitate patient/client care
- Capacity building support to meet unmet infrastructure needs within an organization or among organizations as they build partnerships
ABC Fund grants are not designed, at this time, for:
- Funding larger or more well-resourced organizations in the reproductive health and rights space
- Government or State Agencies
- International work or work based outside of the United States and U.S. Occupied Territories
- For-profit Business, Social Enterprise, Capital-Raising campaigns
Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis
Click here to register for a new JustFund account. Generally, it takes 24-48 business hours for an account to be approved. JustFund staff confirm that all registrations meet the necessary qualifications, including validating that the organization is a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4) organization, or a fiscally sponsored project.
Once your registration is approved, you will receive an email with your login credentials.
If you have an existing JustFund account, but you cannot remember your password. Click here to reset your password.
JustFund offers a common proposal model designed to save organizations time.
JustFund utilizes a Common Proposal with four narrative questions
- Proposal Summary (Max 140 characters): Think of this like a tweet. Please tell us about the mission of this proposal in a couple of sentences.
- Proposal Description (Recommended 2500 - 3500 characters): Tell us about your proposal.
- Team Description (Recommended 1250 - 2500 characters): Tell us about who comprises the team.
- Financial Need (Recommended 1250 - 2500 characters): Please describe what you will use the funding for.
- Would the organization be comfortable being listed on public-facing materials as a grantee of the ABC Fund? (Note: Declining to be listed on public-facing materials will not impact your grant application.)
- To help us send out grant funds more quickly, please provide the name and email address of the finance contact who should receive our invitation to provide your organization's banking details for e-payment of grants through Bill.com.
- To help us send out grant funds more quickly, please upload your IRS Tax-Exempt Status letter if you are an independent 501(c)(3), and not fiscally sponsored by another organization.
- Name: Tamara Chao
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://womendonors.org/funded-projects/abortion-bridge/